Sunday, March 13, 2011

Post Workout (PWO) Experimentation

Warmup: 5min Jump Rope

Strength:  Power Snatch 5x3

WOD:    AMRAP in 7min of:

                         10 Wall Ball
                         10 Situp
                           3 Hang Power Snatch @ 75/55 lbs

Tabata:  Air Squat

Don't be afraid to experiment on yourself with your PWO. You'll never really learn anything if you don't try right? I started my foray into PWO with whole milk. It felt a lot better than nothing at all, and I stuck with it for about 2 months. Two weeks ago I cut all (or almost all) dairy from my diet just to see what would happen. I replaced my whole milk PWO with a 1 scoop shake of Optimum Nutrition 2:1:1 Recovery. In 8 days I went from 185lbs to 180lbs, I feel leaner, and I feel like I'm recovering a little better. Tomorrow I'm going to start adding in 5g of creatine monohydrate. Will I turn in to the hulk? Will a throw up 1 hour later? Will I put on 20 pounds of water weight? I don't know, but I'm going to give it a shot after the reading this article from the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.

http://www.jissn.com/content/4/1/6

No comments: